Sunday, January 25, 2009

Kade Loves Cars

Here is me and Grandpa’s latest attempt at being crafty and trying to copy Pottery Barn.  This was a pain in the behind to make for both of us. 

090121Kade'sRoom 014

090121Kade'sRoom 015

090121Kade'sRoom 016

We used ceiling tiles and covered them in cork and then material for the squares.  One is a pegboard, one is metal, and one is cork.  Then we used molding for the frame.  I was planning on hanging all the projects he brings home from preschool on it but so far every time I take them in there to hang up he tells me that they don’t go there and takes them back to the fridge. 

090121Kade'sRoom 045

His love of cars started at Disneyland.  He had never seen a Disney movie before but for his souvenir we got him a Mcqueen and Sally.  He had them in each hand the rest of the trip.

canon 094

canon 047

We got our picture with Mcqueen and Mator but he had no idea who they were. 

2 comments:

Kristine said...

That is darling! Can't say I blame him, I wouldn't want any of my old stuff covering it up either!

Veronica Tyler said...

You never cease to amaze me! You are so talented!

That's cute that he wants them on the fridge....